We spent Sunday morning leisurely. I cooked breakfast again – a huge one to assuage both our appetites. Keith needed no urging to finish his bacon, eggs and toast this time. We linked hands over the table, and smiled at one another, and generally behaved like silly lovers after their first lovemaking.
After we had cleaned up, I told him to get dressed. We still had some difficult discussions ahead of us; a refresher of my expectations and the structure which Keith himself had admitted he needed. I would have to manage his time and activities to get him straightened out again. I knew he would rebel initially against whatever restrictions laid down for him. It was in Keith’s nature to rebel, and the tighter the reins, the more he would struggle to break free. It was a test of wills and one that he would be watching covertly and it could be extremely tiring. But once he realized his limits and accepted the established rules, he would subside docilely. Keith needed a Top who could maintain control and he needed to know without a doubt what the consequences would be if he broke the rules or disobeyed. A complex man at times, and yet so sweetly simple.
And then there was the subject of ‘Dimitri’ … ‘Later,’ I told myself sternly.
‘I am taking you back to your place to collect your things. We’ll take what we can today, and leave the rest for later.’
Keith nodded his head but did not immediately move.
I tipped his chin up and kissed him. ‘Why that look?’
‘I am all messed up, Dusty. You know I am!’
‘Well, we’ll straighten you out then, won’t we? That’s what having a partnership is about, isn’t it Keith? We’ll help one another over the rough patches in our lives. I’ll want you to help me out too if I mess up. No one’s perfect, sweetheart!’
He bit his lip and came into my arms in a rush. ‘I have missed you so much. I..I just did not know how to tell you. It’s hard to say what I feel exactly when I thought you were so mad with me … when I moved out … I thought …’ He was getting himself all tangled up and I chuckled.
‘Its ok darling.’ I said, wrapping him in my arms tightly. ‘That’s all in the past.’ I pushed the thought of Dimitri to the back of my mind, into the ‘past tense’ compartment.
‘And you are not mad at me?’ Keith struggled out of my arms to look intently at my face.
‘Absolutely not!’ I said firmly, swatting him towards the stairs. ‘Go get dressed now. And no more doubts.’
He flashed a smile at me and moved towards the stairs obediently. He came down dressed in his own clothes, which had been washed and ironed the day before. ‘Ready,’ he said cheerfully.
‘Where are your keys to the apartment?’ I asked.
He silently went back upstairs, for of course he had forgotten them.
I drove him back to the apartment. He had been living there when I first met him. It was one of those luxurious pads with full facilities including a sports complex with a pool, sauna, gym and tennis courts. I had helped him move out when he first came to live with me, and I had helped him move back in when he left. Now, I wanted him to give it up for good, but decided to leave that discussion for later – sure it would be another difficult subject.
He hesitated at the door, and turned to me, grinning mischievously. ‘Hey … uhm … the place is a little messy…. Uhm … maybe you should wait in the car..? ‘
I took the keys from him and opened the door, giving him a playful swat. He jumped out of the way and followed me in. I looked around and LOOKED at him again. Honestly, Keith needed straightening up. I refrained from making any comments.
He headed towards the bedroom, and I trailed him there. It was no better. I watched as he pulled out a couple of duffel bags and piled clothes into one of them. I took one of the bags and turned it over, tipping the clothes out.
‘Fold them.’
He gave me a glare and started to fold the clothes, before packing them in again. Keith was never good at such things, having been waited on hand and foot since birth. But that did not mean he could not make the effort.
Finally, I helped him fold and pack. At least that way, he would have something decent and uncrumpled to wear when we got back to my place.
‘You are coming back to straighten this place up, Keith,’ I announced as we zipped up the bags.
‘Aw … Dusty! I can get the maid service in next week …’
I swatted him. ‘Are you working now, Keith?’ I asked.
‘No,’ he said softly, a little red in the face.
‘What happened to the job at the lawyer’s office?’
‘Er … I … quit?’
Another difficult discussion added to the list. I sighed.
‘Well, in that case, you can come back tomorrow to straighten this place up. I do not see why you can’t do it yourself since it was YOU who messed it up in the first place.’
Muttering under his breath, he followed me out to the car. I ignored his dark looks.
‘What about my car?’ Keith asked, dumping the bags in my backseat.
‘Where is it?’ I asked mildly, hoping he knew the answer.
‘It should be at the … club?’
‘All right, I’ll drive you there and you can pick it up.’
I was relieved the sports car was still there in the deserted car park, though Keith did not seem particularly concerned.
‘You drive ahead of me – straight back home, young man. No detours!’ I called after him as he slid out of the seat.
He looked back at me, swaying his hips seductively, and grinned. I smiled at his back … I felt good.

* * *